Ace

A few months ago I found I had enough time on my hands to get on with something I 've been planning for 20+ years and that was to create a new Jupiter Ace. At one point I'd started porting the ROM to the Raspberry PI bits of it even run, but the problem was that the PI is quite a closed system finding out the details of the CPU and Graphics system is difficult and hidden behind a veil of secrecy and IP. The system I wanted to create would be simple and easy to understand at all levels.

The first step was to find some schematics in a system I could get for free. Bodo Wenzel had done some nice ones here but in OrCAD which costs money. He did, however, provide images of the work so off I set with the free version of Eagle CAD.
I downloaded the PDFs to get a good look. I translated the above eventually to
Which is available in KiCad format here.

Then built a cut down version to show the diagrams were correct.


All the routing is done by FreeRouting because I'm too lazy.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slow Slow Slow

Interrupted

CPLDs & Xilinx